Under Adolf Hitler's direction, the German Labour Front founded Volkswagen in 1937. Volkswagen translates into “Folks wagon” and in simpler terms: the peoples car. However, the very first Volkswagen Beetle was actually designed by Ferdinand Porsche (later will established the Porsche brand) who worked for Volkswagen at that particular time. Despite Volkswagen’s grim origins, Volkswagen became the largest automaker by worldwide sales in 2016. Everyone has heard of the Volkswagen Beetle, and this is partially due to its origins as the peoples car. Volkswagen’s most popular models aside from the Beetle include the Jetta, Passat and Golf. If you want an affordable German engineered machine, look no further and lease a Volkswagen.
Information about Volkswagen lease:
- Leasing company: Volkswagen Credit
- Lease transfer eligibility: Yes, with restrictions
- Lease buyer credit application Fee: $150
- Lease transfer Fee: $350
- Average time to complete transfer: 3-4 weeks
- Lease restrictions: Volkswagen Credit will not permit a transfer in the first 6 months of the lease as well as last 12 months.
Because leasing conditions can change and vary from lease to lease, we recommend that you contact your respective leasing company to confirm transfer eligibility.